Reduced budgets mean ICT needs to become more flexible, and it’s not just about hardware. It’s also about solutions. Based on industry standard architectures, Westerns servers are the best answer to the do-more-with-less challenge. By helping educators improve operational efficiency.
When it comes to who to choose for your server, not all solutions and installations are made equal! Our server installations have far more standard benefits included than most if not all our rivals.
Western have created a simple server solution for small and medium site schools. All our solutions are designed to cater for your existing infrastructure and future growth. Our fixed price solutions are managed from start to finish to ensure you are completely satisfied and everything you require is functioning as it should be. Most installation take anywhere up to 8 days ensuring that the solutions is as instructed and fully tested.
We offer different levels of installation from assisted installs if you have your own technician to fully managed installs which include the following benefits as standard:
- Configure hardware RAM /Raid
- Configure required operating system / Hyoer V
- Migrate data from current setup
- Configure users and group’s as required
- Setup Group Policy – redirect mydocs to home drive, redirect desktop, configure specific Internet settings and home page, Drive Maps & Printers – set anything specifically required by the school
- Configure personnel mapped home share related to username
- Configure a pupil resources share
- Configure a teacher specific share that is not visible to pupils
- Configure software shares
- Configure teachers to have access to all the pupils work
- Install & Configure Sophos Enterprise & Client Deployment
- Install WDS Services & Schools Image for disaster recovery & easy deployment
- Install WSUS to keep all your PC’s up to date
- Configure a scheduled bare metal /disaster recovery backup
- Configure network printers (Photocopiers may require the suppliers input)
- Setup any required scripts
- Create a Simms partition for the school to have admin/curric on the same server if required
- Configure Remote Access for Western (off site support)
- Complete system overhaul to include re installing all schools ICT equipment for a fresh start
- Deploy Windows 10/ Office 2016 WDS image created to all curric compatible ICT equipment
- Install Westerns Schools Suite (all common free school specific apps)
- Configure & install all school specific compatible licensed software to work with the server
- Ensure that all compatible applications run and you are able to access anything you need to
- Ensure that all printing options are available
Optional Discounted After sales Technicians Service SLA Which Includes Remote Access Support
Western are able to provide simple entry level servers to full rack mounted systems including educational Microsoft license agreements. Due to the complexity of server installations, we offer a FREE SITE VISIT where a software engineer can visit your school to discuss your requirements and provide you with pricing and the best solution for your school.
Western Business Systems Limited
+44 (0)1253 298111
A Lifetime of Support
Founded in 1981, Western Business Systems Limited are a service led specialist supplier of IT & AV Solutions. Having evolved from the computer revolution of the early 1980s, Western has enjoyed rapid growth and success through continued development of products and services.